7/2/13

{What I've Been Up To}

Hey y'all!  How's it going?  I know in this post I declared my love for myself and proclaimed from the rooftops that I've excepted my vagina cowl for good and even decided that it comes in handy.  Hey, it was a good cell phone holder!  Who am I kidding, that shit is still there and it still holds my cell phone.

But it is slowly going away.  Sometime since that post I've decided that yes, I'm beautiful.  Yes, I'm sexy.  Yes, I'm fat.  And you know what?  That's ok.  I think we all go through this up and down in life.  Don't we?  It might not always be about weight.  It could be about anything.  One day you feel good about it, another day, not so much.  That makes sense to me.

So I've gotten my butt in gear and kicked all those diets out the damn window.  I downloaded RunKeeper and MyFitnessPal and got to it.  Am I running?  Hell to the NO.  I am however, walking.  I used to do the elliptical and I think that walking on the treadmill is actually harder.  You have to actually pick your feet up and move them.  With the elliptical it kind of does all the work for you.  You know?  I also bought a Fit Bit but I'm not sold on it yet.  I'm not sure it does anything for me that the other two apps can't do on their own.  I'm going to keep it for a little bit longer and then we'll see.

So I am counting calories and walking.  I've lost ten pounds.  I haven't been this weight since last year.  This is huge.  I feel like I've been battling the same seven or eight pounds all year and now I've finally gotten over that hump.  I've walked 13 miles this week and the last four times I've gone walking I've done two miles at a time.  And I'm actually enjoying walking.  I like walking outside and seeing my town and everything going on during the summer and I like reading while walking on the treadmill in the gym.

I hope that posting about this isn't the kiss of death that it seems to have been in the past but I was just too excited not to share with y'all!  I know ten pounds isn't a ton but it's a big step in the right direction for me.  If any of you are on your path to being healthier please let me know and we can support each other!

And because I can't post without a pic you get a pic of me super sweaty after zumba last week.  :)
Untitled

1 comment: