6/18/12

{happy birthday bailey}

dear bailey-

can you believe it?  can you believe your'e 13?!  i talked to you this morning on the phone.  i sang happy birthday to you.  you were mortified.  but you know what?  too bad!  i love you and i will always sing to you.  even when we're both old and grey.  you told me that you didn't feel any older but that you were excited to be 13.  a teenager!  you also told me that you'll always be my goosey bear.  no matter what.  :)

this year has been challenging.  you know that.  we've had our struggles.  you've had your struggles.  but you know what?  we're working on them together.  and that will never change.  you will always have us here to help you.  i hope you know that.  wanna know something else?  you have the biggest heart of anybody i've ever met.  ever.  your love for you family is just amazing.

let's go grab you your birthday frappuccinno and i'll grab a latte and we can look through some pics?  what do you think?  these start when you're older.  you're old enough that your baby stuff isn't even digital!  maybe you can help me scan them in soon.  i'd like to do that project with you.

there's a lot of them.  are you ready??

this is from may 2007.  this is the first picture in my flickr stream of you.  remember when mommy got her camera and all of a sudden i wanted pics of everything?  lol.  i've tried not to bug you too much.
Thinking....

you used to love pretending to be a pirate. :)
Don't mess with my pirateLet me pose for you

you love swimming in pools.
longing for summer.

you're probably gonna kill me for this one but do you remember when you used to actually dance during dance partys?
Dancin'?

Leave me alone!

do you remember when you wanted to learn how to play guitar?
Guitar playing

Arghhhh.

IMG_5668b

you couldn't be any cuter in this picture.
K Mom....

Beachy fun

you've actually been this costume a few times. hahaha.
Oooohhhh Scary!

this picture was in chloe's bday post too. you guys used to be the best of friends. you still are but now that you're both in school all the time, it's different. just wait until you're grown up, you guys will be bffs again and gang up on the littler kids!
Like Brother like Sister.

Awwwwwww

you were 8 here. :)
My little man....(2)

do you remember when you wanted to be a rock star???!
Me and Bay...the future rock star! 12 (365)

Rock on Flickr!

My Rockstar.

you make great silly faces!
Hey atleast he sat there.

my poor baby boy. big hugs!
Untitled

Who knew?!  55 (365)

you have the best hair!
Look at my handsome boy!  60 (365)My little man.

Me and the boy. 79 (365)

so handsome!
Untitled

i love this picture of you. it's kind of sad looking, but it's you. you have such a gentle soul and i feel like you can see it in this picture. :)
Him.

in the comments on this pic on flickr it said that you told me that you wanted to grow your hair long, get contacts and wear a doo rag like axel rose. lol.
Loving bw with him lately.

Untitled

:)

i went to ny with work and i had to take this picture for you cause you loved ozzy so much!
New York

you finally let us cut your hair. you bribed us though. we had to get you a wrestler and a new wrestling ring.
bribery.

Untitled

Untitled

remember when we used to all squish in auntie jen's car?
How I roll.....
you have the same smile...always.
My handsome boy.

Oh yeah they love eachother....Sometimes.  :)

At the Bucks.At the Bucks.

I asked him...

I love old water bubblers....

this was your ninth birthday!
Slippin' fun.

Thank goodness I wasn't on the road too.....

I love him.....

Man he can jump!

OMG!

do you remember when you wanted to go out and do a photoshoot with your guitar?
Rockin' it.He thought (thinks) I'm an idiot.

Have a rockin' Fourth of July!

The three of them.

Beachy keen.

Just keep digging.

Naiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Handsome pants.

i love this one. you look so handsome and all the blues and greens are just perfect. :)
The Undertaker....

I wish.....

Untitled

this was halloween of 2008.
Untitled

{The gang}

Santa!{All done....}

you truly are a great big brother! :)
{Rare}

{See?}

you hair got long again.....
{son}

you are always up for some fitting room fun. :)
{Fitting Room Fun}

{Slide}

you holding izz for the first time.
{Isobel's birth}

rocking the guitar hero!
{Rainy summer days}

Untitled

you are eleven here. :)
eleven years old
hahahahaha you look thrilled!
IMG_1719

IMG_4237sharp

remember our trip to NH? you loved it!
IMG_4846

you and chloe on the top of mt. washington.  remember how afraid you and i were on the drive up?
IMG_4870

lisa is taller than you.  but you're taller than the elf.  
IMG_4913IMG_5011

you and lisa at NNO.  :)
IMG_4720sharp

IMG_4799

first day of school!
IMG_5248sharp

you are the best fort builder!
all four of them

IMG_6352

i love that you enjoy reading so much.
IMG_6076

IMG_6191

hahahaha!
IMG_5771

IMG_5796

homework. you're not a fan. ;)  
Homework
but lisa helps you with it. she has a lot of patience. :)
IMG_5945sharp

Untitled

Untitled
cupcake charlies!  yummmmm!
Untitled

you're 12!
UntitledUntitled

Untitled

IMG_7169
this was at lisa's store the night it opened.
Untitled

i can't wait for more summer lunches!
Untitled

IMG_6363

first day of seventh grade!
IMG_1925

you help out in the kids room with minimal complaints. {most of the time{
IMG_2071sharp

IMG_2044sharpa
every once in a while you bring the old tech decks out....
IMG_2424

IMG_2586sharpIMG_2585shar

you're a dweeb.
IMG_3153sharp

but you're my dweeb. :)
IMG_3154sharp

did i mention how much of a great big brother you are?
IMG_3182sharp

IMG_3185sharp

you made your first basket this year!
35/366

IMG_5129

IMG_5138

IMG_5172

IMG_1061

IMG_0566

you love helping cook. you ask to help all the time.
IMG_5999sharp

IMG_6033sharp

IMG_6034sahrp

you are perfect. my perfect boy. happy birthday to you. you make me a very happy mommy and i hope i make you a very happy goosey bear.


1 comment:

  1. Oh Angela, what a beautiful, beautiful post. Moved me to tears, my dear. There is something in that smile of his. I don't know. You said he's a gentle soul, well that I can see, but it's clear you have a wise child there. Maybe because Cal is so close in age to him (he'll be 13 in September), but I feel very connected to you and Bailey (but not in a scary way, promise!)...just that I think I know what you guys might be feeling right now. Happy, happy day to you all, sweet Momma. xoxo

    ReplyDelete