2/15/14

{Ellen Page}

I'm sure most of you have heard that Ellen Page {from Juno} has recently come out as gay. She did so at the Human Rights campaign THRIVE conference benefiting LGBTQ youth.

You can see the video here.

{I'm giving you the video from this new article because all the others I pulled didn't have sound. Even with this one, I had to turn my volume all the way up}

Won't it be nice when someone standing up and professing their sexuality isn't a "thing" anymore? When it's not one of the bravest things someone in the LGBTQ community can do. When they don't have to fear retaliation for being themselves and loving who they love. When our society no longer makes them fear being who they are. I can't wait to see that day.

1 comment:

  1. I hear you! I live in a pretty open city. But someone's outing is still discussed...often. Just love who you love and that is that!!!

    ReplyDelete