1/24/16

{I said Yes to the Dress!}

This past Sunday I went dress shopping with my sister Jessica and my FMIL Christine.  Chloe also came with us.  It was so very overwhelming.  But fun!  I have been wedding dress shopping twice before.  Once when Lisa and I first got engaged and once when I was engaged to John.  I however have never worn a wedding dress.  I know right?  How can you be married twice prior and not have worn a wedding dress you ask?  Good question.  The first time I got married I was wearing a Tommy Hilfiger hooded grey sweatshirt, jeans and sneakers.  Classsssssssy.  The second time I got married I wore a beautiful dress from Macy's.

Anyway, we went to a store called Party Dress Express first.  I thought that maybe it would have fairly affordable dresses.  I was wrong.  They were all designer gowns.  Gorgeous, but expensive.  They did however have my dream dress.  Those of you that have gone dress shopping know what I'm talking about.  You get engaged.  You buy every wedding magazine known to man and then you start bookmarking pages.  I remember the day I found my dream dress like it was yesterday.  My dad was in the hospital having surgery and we were waiting for him.  I found this dress and was instantly in love.

From the Allure website...

This English net ballgown features a delicate cap sleeve and gorgeously beaded bodice. 


Isn't it just perfect?  Really you had me at English net.  They had it there but it was NOT my size.  I needed a size 18 or 20 and it was a 10.  The woman helping me said that if I could get it over my hips she could help me figure out what it would look like.  You better believe I got that dress on!  And I loved it.  Unfortunately it was waaaaaaaay out of my price range.  We ended up leaving that store and heading over to David's Bridal.

This is where I said Yes!  I found the most gorgeous gown.  I put it on, looked in the mirror and ugly cried.  It's so damn pretty and I feel so damn beautiful in it.  I'm not going to explain much to y'all cause Lisa reads the blog.  But omg.  I can't wait to share pictures!  I do also have pictures of all the dresses that I didn't get and I will share those at some point in the future.

So, did you have a dream dress?  And did you get that dress or go with something else and why?

xoxo
Angela 

No comments:

Post a Comment