8/14/13

{Stretch Marks}

I am a fair skinned woman who had four kids. I'm sure it's no big surprise that I have quite a few stretch marks across my abdomen. It is? Well, you're sweet. A liar. But sweet. I'm also sure that I got a few when I gained a bunch of extra weight recently. As in the last few years. But that's ok. Because I've been working on that and I've been doing alright for myself in that department.

Anyways, today I decided to get a couple of quick miles in at home before we went to the beach using my "Walk at Home" dvd. I was in my yoga pants and sports bra Whatevs} when Bay came out of his room and said to me "Mommy, you don't have as many stretch marks as you used to." I knew there was a reason he was my favorite at one point. JK. But seriously, that made me feel really good about myself. I'm doing ok. I'm doing okey dokey here.

So I finished my workout feeling really good about myself. If a teenage boy who didn't want anything specific at that moment noticed enough to say something then I must really be doing alright for myself. Right?

Wrong.

Cut to the kitchen. I was standing at the sink still in my pants and sports bra and Izz comes up to me. Deep intake of breath like she just saw something horrible - "Mommy, WHAT happened to you?????" as she pointed to my stretchmarks. "Oh, those are just stretchmarks babe. You get them when you have babies." I replied. "Oh ok." She said. And then, she started touching them one by one and counting them. COUNTING THEM!. I walked away at seven.

As if it couldn't get any worse Chloe chimed in with angst and disgust which I will give her credit for at least trying to cover up in her voice. "Does that mean that Izz and me will get them too???" "No, not everyone gets them'" I said. "Oh, GOOD!" She exhaled.

Damn. I was feeling really good.

1 comment: